PECS is a tried and tested approach that uses pictures to develop communication skills in children and adults with a wide range of learning difficulties. Easy to access, affordable to implement and scientifically supported as one of the most effective interventions. PECS is an opportuunity to open the door to spontaneous communication.
Benefits of PECS
- Increases skills and independence with a functional communication system.
- Reduces inappropriate behaviours by reinforcing requests and positive communication.
- Theach the student/child to initiate communication and develop social communication skills.
- See how it works with live demonstrations, video examples and opportuntity to practice.
What you will learn.
- Everything you need to know to start teaching PECS immediately.
- The six phases of PECS, where to start and when to move on.
- A review of visual strategies useful for communication.
- The theoretical background, including how to develop effective educational environments
For further information and to book see
Booking form attached.